Skip to main content

10B- Elevator Pitch No. 1

Haha look at me I'm pretending I'm a CapITaLISt HO HO LOL GIvE mE MonEy I hATe EmPLoYeEs
Words? So there I am at work, tap tap tap, typing away at a computer. Sounds like a normal desk job right? It's a bit too normal. All I do is type up prescriptions digitally. Ten hours a day, four days a week. It's bad enough for me with ADHD, but with 500 employees on the floor doing this day in and day out, it can be pretty mind numbing for anyone. And I'm thinking to myself as I am working, that I felt like a robot, and not in a good way. Then it hit me. There's literally millions upon millions of these prescriptions entered and stored. And we have machine learning algorithms to take thousands of images and learn what's in them and export them to text or even a new image. What I'm saying is why don't we literally let a robot take my job? Walgreens would be saving by not having to employ 500 monkeys at typewriters. What could go wrong with the employees anyway? No true CaPitAlISt would care about the welfare of people anyway! This project will see companies like Walgreens and CVS that rely on centralization get thousands of prescriptions instantly processed, drastically reducing handle time for getting prescriptions to patients. On top of that, the extra training data of those messy doctor handwritings could help AI become MUCH more advanced at recognizing handwriting, even cursive! I'm talking about advances in the shipping industry, handwriting to digital copy scanners, and with the help of translation services, you can finally understand what that Russian cursive is actually saying! With the rapid increase of AI technology and its uses, it's the next big wave we can surf and ride to many beaches. And all it takes is using data entry images and transcriptions to feed into an algorithm, and boom, the pharmaceutical industry moves into the future. From prescriptions to transcriptions, while we're far from a real Baymax, artificial intelligence is the next big thing and the pharmaceutical industry should ride that wave while they can.

Comments

  1. Fractal,

    You're elevator pitch was well put together and was very informative. You did a great job of explaining how typing prescriptions digitally can be tedious for human work. Then, you transitioned to the perspective of artificial intelligence and how it has the power to do the job that many employees are doing on a daily basis. The work of typing in pharmaceutical prescriptions has the potential to be replaced by the work of AI. This presents a great opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to create a more efficient way to type in prescriptions digitally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ENT 3003

I'm a communist in an entrepreneurship class. Why am I here? I didn't know Innovation Academy was binding and threw me in bourgeois weirdness. At least Dr. Pryor is fun.

19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1) I am Fractal, a Maker and lover of all things innovative. I believe in the power of machine learning and how much it can speed up the workflow and make our lives easier by taking out the grunt work in important but exceedingly repetitive jobs like mine. I work in data entry. I read prescriptions as they come and I type them up. I belive a robot can and should take my job. My job would then become double-checking if the robot analyzed the image correctly, thereby making my life a whole lot easier, and making the data entry process a whole lot quicker. 2) I'm offering an artificial intelligence machine learning program that is capable of detecting and handling handwritten text, especially for that of data entry. 3) My ideal customer would be corporate data entry offices, giving them the opportunity to implement an AI that automatically processes and data-enters prescriptions. With literally millions of databased prescriptions on file, there's practically an endless stream o

6A – Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/disney-world-fight-for-15-minimum-wage_us_5b8457c8e4b0162f471b7d44 1) This is local news to me, and technically speaking I've been watching the Fight for 15 for a while. I know this is a recent issue so I deliberately searched for this topic. 2) An opportunity exists here, since Disney is one of the largest employers in all of Florida, and one of the most prominent companies in all of America. If Disney starts paying their employees a livable wage, maybe the other disgustingly ruthless employers (I'm looking at you, Amazon and Walmart) will pay their employees much better and give them a chance to you know. Live. 3) The "customer" here in this case is the employee, but they're actually getting paid a wage that allows them not to have to sell their kidneys just to buy food, and thus they can use that extra money to actually buy proper food and afford medical treatment for once. 4) This opportunity is not difficult to exploit.