Skip to main content

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1


1) Who I am: I'm a nerd who loves 3d printing and robots and AI and all things cutting edge tech, yet my job right now is typing prescriptions all day while I daydream about robots and machine learning. I feel like a robot should take my job and I feel like it can do so feasibly and open up gateways to other options such as handwriting detection in general. I'd more be interested in the AI than entrepreneurship though. 2) What does it do: It transcribes prescriptions automatically and a company using it only needs to use human error checking rather than an entire central utility technician fleet. 3) The consumers: at first just the pharmacists and the pharmacy industry, but once the algorithm gets good at reading doctor chickenscratch, it can be used to transcribe generic handwritten notes like for students. 4) Why they should care: don't have to pay for the central utility humans' wages, and also the notetakers would save time in transcription. 5) What's different: Technically I don't have anything that anyone else doesn't have access to or could do, but nobody has attempted to implement AI handwriting recognition technology into central utility pharmacy stuff, and with millions of correct training data for the algorithm, it can be trained easier than one would expect. I believe my elements all fit together because it's very specific to one industry with some potential in other areas, but probably the weakest point would be the actual difficulty in the initial accuracy of the training algorithm and the time it takes for it to train it and error correct. One would need a research team before a entrepreneurship team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENT 3003

I'm a communist in an entrepreneurship class. Why am I here? I didn't know Innovation Academy was binding and threw me in bourgeois weirdness. At least Dr. Pryor is fun.

19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1) I am Fractal, a Maker and lover of all things innovative. I believe in the power of machine learning and how much it can speed up the workflow and make our lives easier by taking out the grunt work in important but exceedingly repetitive jobs like mine. I work in data entry. I read prescriptions as they come and I type them up. I belive a robot can and should take my job. My job would then become double-checking if the robot analyzed the image correctly, thereby making my life a whole lot easier, and making the data entry process a whole lot quicker. 2) I'm offering an artificial intelligence machine learning program that is capable of detecting and handling handwritten text, especially for that of data entry. 3) My ideal customer would be corporate data entry offices, giving them the opportunity to implement an AI that automatically processes and data-enters prescriptions. With literally millions of databased prescriptions on file, there's practically an endless stream o

6A – Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/disney-world-fight-for-15-minimum-wage_us_5b8457c8e4b0162f471b7d44 1) This is local news to me, and technically speaking I've been watching the Fight for 15 for a while. I know this is a recent issue so I deliberately searched for this topic. 2) An opportunity exists here, since Disney is one of the largest employers in all of Florida, and one of the most prominent companies in all of America. If Disney starts paying their employees a livable wage, maybe the other disgustingly ruthless employers (I'm looking at you, Amazon and Walmart) will pay their employees much better and give them a chance to you know. Live. 3) The "customer" here in this case is the employee, but they're actually getting paid a wage that allows them not to have to sell their kidneys just to buy food, and thus they can use that extra money to actually buy proper food and afford medical treatment for once. 4) This opportunity is not difficult to exploit.